OF JOY.ANGER.SADNESS.THANKSGIVINGS. 喜。怒。哀感恩篇

OF JOY.ANGER.SADNESS.THANKSGIVINGS. 喜怒哀感恩篇TRAVELOGUE, PERSONAL THOUGHTS. 游记、日常生活心情录

Makan Therapy

T'was a foul foul day.
It's my off day after 3 days of labour and i had to run a few places to do a few things. i had made 'bodoh' decisions based on 'bodoh' judgement and have to suffer all the 'bodoh' consequences.....ended up in a real angry mood, angry with myself and felt like giving myself a few tight slaps!! 'piak piak piak!!!, yeah! i deserve it!!! ' ...but i couldn't bear to lift a finger against myself, instead all throughout the day, my heart was murmuring like the children of Israel when they were in the wilderness, complaining and blaming God and everyone else for everything......
The last straw came when at 7pm, bathing in perspiration, i chose to wait for the 'Express' bus from Orchard Road back to my rented flat instead of taking the MRT as i didn't want to be squashed under not so pleasantly scented arm pits in the train at this time of the day. But of course i had forgotten the transport companies here are all monopolised, and so to maximise profits and hence load, the 'Express' bus would have to make sure enough people would have gathered before it decides to show face. Unfortunately for me, this partcular 'expresso' decided that 40mins is a good duration. So after waiting for 40mins, at 7.40pm, i finally boarded the 'express' bus which took another not so express 50mins to arrive at the food court near my rented place. Lo and behold, it was drizzling! Wet and cold compared to the sweltering heat at Orchard 50mins ago. My heart murmured : God really likes to show off His creativity.
My tummy, meanwhile, was murmuring with my heart.
Thankfully the food stalls were still buzzing with life despite past dinner time and i got to order a bowl of 'la la soup yee mee'.
Hmmmmm...My my, when the piping hot, super delicious 'yee mee' with the generous servings of ingredients- 'la la' (clams), chye sim, egg, 'tau-pok' and ikan bilis went sliding down my throat, all the day's grievances dissolved, my heart and tummy stopped their murmuring and i finally remembered to thank God for this day, for the provision of that simple yet wonderfully therapeutic meal to end it.
The Chinese regard food as heaven, not far from truth!

No comments:

TRAVELOGUE.PERSONAL THOUGHTS 游记、心情日志。

OF JOY.SADNESS.ANGER.THANKSGIVINGS
喜.怒.哀.感恩集