OF JOY.ANGER.SADNESS.THANKSGIVINGS. 喜。怒。哀感恩篇

OF JOY.ANGER.SADNESS.THANKSGIVINGS. 喜怒哀感恩篇TRAVELOGUE, PERSONAL THOUGHTS. 游记、日常生活心情录

To My Faithful Travel Companions

Dearest Lowe

i'm so sorry i actually entertained the thought of putting you away for good and ending my backpacking trips once and for all when i was having AMS (acute mountain sickness) on the way from Kangding to Daocheng during this recent trip. How could i even bother to entertain such a horrendous idea? You are still in such pink (or i should say purple) of health and way more sturdy to waste your life away wrapped up in some PVC, stuffed away in a closet. i have since repented, as soon as my AMS subsided; yea, by God's grace, we definitely have lots more years together to wander around the world according to our time and pace, to explore the beauty and wonders of God's creations without me having to lug a trolley case, to be herded around like sheep in package tour groups yet. And so you would still be my faithful companion, like you've always been, in Pakistan, on the Karakurom highway, in China, in Sri Lanka, in Cambodia, in Vietnam, in Thailand, in Myanmar, in Switzerland, in Turkey, in Jordan, in Bali, in Japan, in India......and where else...

i'm sorry too i had never treasured you enough to get you a cover on all those trips before this year. Only after discovering how the baggage handlers damaged the two backpack covers i've used on you this year did i realise how resilient and sturdy you are. You survived all those rough years since 1994, being stepped on, being thrown or dragged around, going through x-ray scans, lying on dirt and dust in the buses and trains and once was spit upon....without a trace of injury on your body , except of course you looked like you can do with a good dip in the laundry. :)

Thank You Lowe.. and to all the friends out there who had given Lowe to me as a trustworthy companion- always comfortable on my back; never failed to protect all my essentials for my trips; never said no to my stuffing it with more shopping goods at the end of the trip always right to the seams; never got itself entangled with the conveyor belts at the airport. (yea, i had another lousy pack that did) and oh yes, not forgetting the time it found its way back to our home after the airlines sent it to the wrong destination.
i was told Lowe's family no longer come to Singapore nowadays, so it's difficult to get a family doc if anything should happen to it. i really must take good care of my faithful companion that had taken good care of me all these years.

Dearest Bauer,

i must say finding you at Metro years ago was really one of my greatest finds. Like Lowe, you've faithfully taken care of me through all my trips since 1995 and still looked ready to continue for many more trips to come. Thank you for being of such good nature, you are light on my body, you've let me feel cool in hot climate and kept me warm in the cold. You've protected all my clothings underneath from the dust and pollutants in the air and on the roads; you've hidden my money pouch safely from sight but letting it be easily accessible to me at the same time; you've kept my necks and hands well away from the scorching sun ; you've dried up quickly after wash and had also been resilient to tearing after all these years! Thumbs up! Keep up the good work pal !
Let's look forward to many more good times together wandering in the mountains and valleys with Lowe in the days and years to come.

No comments:

TRAVELOGUE.PERSONAL THOUGHTS 游记、心情日志。

OF JOY.SADNESS.ANGER.THANKSGIVINGS
喜.怒.哀.感恩集